“On the Second Day of Wishing (sing along now!)
“I’d love a seasonal batik quilt!”
When the salesman came in a few months ago and showed us the holiday line of batiks by Moda, we all fell in love. And Linda B. beat the rest of us to the punch by volunteering to make the sample with the accompanying pattern. Her quilt top is now hanging in the front of the store. This is a quilt that works for the entire winter. Its cool teal colours are not the traditional Christmas, so you won’t be tired of it by January 2nd.
- Finishes approximately 76” square.
- Made entirely of batiks and balis.
- The large snowflakes are not appliqued on – they are batiked on the fabric, and all you have to do is cut them out (hurray!!).
- Kit includes pattern, and fabric for top and binding.
- Coupon inside kit for matching light (same fabric as the light white on the front) or dark (a dark teal that matches, but is not in the front of the quilt) backing fabric. The coupon is good for 4.5 meters (4.92 yards) for $34.99. So you can have your top and backing for a total of $154.98.
“I’d love a quick gift for my friend”
Whether you have a sewing buddy that you’d like to buy a kit for, or a friend or family member who you know would appreciate their own personal placemat, these might just be the ticket.
For the coffee lovers out there, a placemat for the morning hit of java and breakfast: Kit includes the pattern, fusible batting, and all the fabric to make the placemat. All that is required is thread!
- Each kit makes a single placemat.
- You could stitch your friend’s name around the edge – or your gift message to them. Here are some ideas: “Yes, I know you’re 29 – I’ve heard it before! Happy Birthday!” or “Unleaded and Loving It!”
- These would make a great gift with a mug and packet of tea, coffee, espresso, or the accompanying Bailey’s. Some nice homemade cookies like gingerbread men or shortbread would be good too. (My goodness, it sounds like I’m placing my order! I should stop now.)
Yardage is available for these fabrics, so if you want to make multiples, or just love the fabric, we have it here (not shown on-line, so if you wish to order some, please call us).
All these kits can be found on our website at: http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/browse_dept_items.asp?Store_ID=487&Page_Id=17&Categ_Id=2&parent_ids=0