“On the Second Day of Wishing,
I’d love a quick way to cut these strips of fabric .”
The June Tailor Shape Cut products offer the perfect solution at a reasonable price. There are multiple sizes available, but below is the Shape Cut Plus, which I consider their most versatile product.
- Watch this video to see just how quick you can cut your fabric. If you would prefer a personal demonstration, please come in to our store and we’ll show you how it works.
- Slots are grooved at ½” intervals, and instructions are included for cuts that require ¼” increments (i.e., 1 ¼” strips, 1 ¾” strips).
- Groove keeps rotary cutter straight and ensures even and accurately cut strips.
- The cutting size is 12” X 18”. In order to cut a full width of fabric, you fold the fabric twice (in half – as it comes on the bolt, and again into quarters.)
- Cutting requires only your regular cutting mat and a rotary cutter. We prefer using the 28mm size rotary cutter versus the 45 mm size.
- Extremely useful for cutting when making bargello, french braid, rail fence, or any quilt made up of “strata”.
- While the manufacturer suggests turning the cutter to make your sub-cuts for squares or other shapes, I found the sub-cuts were most accurate by using regular rulers for this purpose.
- Shape Cut rulers are used in our store for cutting our own jelly rolls. I have never bothered investing in other cutting systems as this gives us very accurate cuts in multiple widths, without fabric wastage, special fabric preparation, and no other costs such dies or plexiglass. It is easy to understand and use.
It only takes a second to make the cut,
The fine print:
- All prices referred to are in Canadian dollars.
- We happily ship world-wide.
- Quantities are limited of some of our products. Early shopping = happy faces.
- Sorry, no holds on featured products without payment.