“On the Third Day of Wishing,
I’d love some precision scissors .”
If you enjoy machine or hand applique, you’ll understand the importance of very sharp, precision scissors. A master of applique, Karen Kay Buckley has developed her own line of scissors that offer applique enthusiasts the precision and sharpness they need.
All of her scissors have one micro serrated blade and one regular blade which can be sharpened. The serrated blade keeps the fabric from slipping, instead of pushing it away like a regular blade tends to do. This allows for more accurate cutting. The serration also helps to keep the fabric from fraying.
Handles of her scissors have a soft grip, and are spacious, allowing plenty of room for your fingers. This is welcome news to those of us who have larger hands, and must “shake off” smaller-handled pairs of scissors.
They are “pointy”, right to the very tip.
Left- or right-handed users may comfortably use them.
Each pair comes with a protective plastic blade sheath.
Watch this video to listen to Karen demonstrate and discuss her scissors. Below is the line-up available:
- Scissors measure a length of 7.5” and have 2 7/8” long blades.
- This size is great for cutting single or multiple layers of fabric. Karen comments that she is comfortable cutting up to 4 layers of fabric at a time, which considerably reduces the time spent cutting.
- After numerous requests, Karen developed this “medium” size, which measures a length of 6”, and has a 2” long blade.
- Need absolute precision? These scissors measure a length of 4 ¼” and have a blade that is 1 ½” long. They are wonderful for small detail cutting.
- Great for machine quilting, machine applique, and machine embroidery, as they have a 3/4” curved blade. Overall length is only 3 7/8”.
“I’d love a general all-purpose pair of scissors .”
A couple of years ago we featured the Mundial 8” shears. I still love these scissors for doing the hefty work around the house such as freeing newly purchased items from their plastic-molded casings, slicing open the food packaging, and cutting meat and other food items.
- 8” long with 2 ½” rust-proof stainless steel blades that are meant to do the hard work.
- Antimicrobial handles with large spacious openings (all four fingers fit allowing for better leverage).
- Serrated blades.
- Blades quickly dismantle, and, therefore, can be completely sanitized in the dishwasher. After using our pair and regularly dishwashing them after every food prep, they are still in top shape after 3 years.
- Excellent for hobbies, gardening (notched cutout in the blade near the hinge is intended for tough stems), sewing, and in the kitchen.
Want to try any of these out? Come by the store to see how they feel and work.
Snip or slice; we have lots of options,
P.S. Click on the picture to find these items on our website.