“On the Seventh Day of Wishing,
I’d like to run some Marathon.”
Save your legs! You can run Marathon’s trilobal polyester embroidery thread while stitching out your embroidery designs. We have the complete 306 polyester colours now available at the store, as well as all the metallics, and the rayon variegated/ombre.
Marathon’s polyester thread has a high sheen and luster – similar to rayon. It is difficult to tell the difference between Marathon’s rayon and polyester threads.
Wondering whether rayon or polyester is better to use? It depends on the use of the item. Rayon fibers are weaker, so are not as resistant to abrasion caused by heavy use and laundering. As well, rayon can be affected by bleaching or whitening agents in the detergent. Therefore, items that will be heavily used and laundered frequently and/or at high temperatures would be better stitched out in polyester.
Polyester mini-king spools of 1100 yards (1000 meters) are regular $4.49 – on sale until December 24th for $3.75 each. (Would you like a starter package of the polyesters? Let us know if you would like 20 or 50 spools and we will prepare a selection for you.) Click here to see the polyester colour charts. Please note that computer monitors can show colours differently. For an exact colour match, it is best to refer to Marathon’s colour chart, which is available for purchase for $15.49. It is also handy for keeping track of the spools you have purchased!
Marathon’s metallic threads get a thumbs up approval from Linda B. here at the store. She has literally used thousands of yards of their metallic threads with her thread painting and never had breakage.
Metallic mini-king spools of 1100 yards (1000 meters) are regular $9.49 – on sale until December 24th for $8.75. Click here to see the metallic colour charts.
Variegated rayon mini-king spools of 1100 yards (1000 meters) are regular $5.49 – on sale until December 24th for $4.75. Click here to see the rayon variegated colour charts.
Need some bobbin storage? Marathon also has a bobbin box:
- Removable sections allow you to customize and hold a variety of small notions such as seam rippers, needles, and bobbins.
- Box is approximately 5 ¼” X 2 ¾” X 7/8”. It is small enough to put in your purse.
- The latch on this box is great! I know of some bobbin boxes where the closure barely holds the lid on, and you know what happens next!
The fine print:
- Click on the item’s picture to find it on the webstore.
- All prices referred to are in Canadian dollars.
- We happily ship world-wide.
- Quantities are limited of some of our products. Early shopping = happy faces.
- Sorry, no holds on featured products without payment.
Along Came Quilting
6432 -1 A Street SW
Calgary, AB T2H 0G6